Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday 12:00 pm

He slept the whole night, not waking up once. They gave him the third medication around 10:00pm to make sure he would sleep well (haldol). Ever since then, he's pretty much been out. Every now and then, he will open his eyes for a minute, but then fall right back asleep. As far as breathing goes, he looks pretty comfortable, but the congestion in his lungs is getting worse. A friend of mine, Michael Gallagher, gave me holy water to give to him that his mom brought back from Lourdes, France, so we'll see if that helps with anything. A few visitors are coming today (one coming from Washington state), but there's nothing too exciting planned. Keep the pictures and stories coming. Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. Alex, thanks so much for your updates. Tom has a great family and so many wonderful friends to surround him. I'm sending you some photos and stories, like so many others I have many sweet, fun and crazy memories of times with Tom. God bless you, Drew and Bev.
    -Dana (Ann Marie & Mary's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am thinking of all of the Pizzalas today, especially Mrs Pizzala.
    A very special Mother's Day indeed. There is nothing in the entire universe that can compare to a mother's love for her children and the Pizzala family has been blessed to have a most extraordinary mom like her. I enjoy each of the photos that have been sent - such GREAT memories and a few pictures made me laugh out loud. I am extremely grateful for these posts since I can now feel connected to you - and I find that very comforting.
    With love from an old friend- Sandy Keene Ashby"

    ReplyDelete